9Power to make rules
1[9.Power to make rules.--(1) The Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, make rules for giving effect to the provisions of this Act and different rules may be made for different States or for different areas thereof.
(2) In particular, and without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing power, such rules may provide for all or any of the following matters, namely:--
(a) the manner in which the substance of a notification under section 3 may be published;
(b) regulating the use under this Act of the notified area for seaward artillery practice in such manner as to secure the public against danger, and to enable the practice to be carried out with the minimum inconvenience to the inhabitants of the area affected;
(c) the minimum rates at which compensation shall be payable under sub-section (3) of section 6, and generally regarding the making of claims for compensation, the procedure to be followed by the authorities granting the compensation, the expeditious settlement of claims and the filling of appeals from original awards of compensation;
(d) the principles to be followed in assessing the amount of compensation to be awarded under this Act;
(e) any other matter which is required to be, or may be, prescribed.
(3) Every rule made under this section shall be laid, as soon as may be after it is made, before each House of Parliament, while it is in session, for a total period of thirty days which may be comprised in one session or in two or more successive sessions, and if, before the expiry of the session immediately following the session or the successive sessions aforesaid, both Houses agree in making any modification in the rule or both Houses agree that the rule should not be made, the rule shall thereafter have effect only in such modified form or be of no effect, as the case may be; so, however, that any such modification or annulment shall be without prejudice to the validity of anything previously done under that rule.]
Download our fully-offline, High speed android app.- Click here
1. Subs. by Act 3 of 1973, s. 3, for section 9 (w.e.f. 21-1-1978).
- 1 Short title, extent and application
- 2 Interpretation
- 3 Power of Central Government to authorise seaward artillery practice
- 3A Power to delegate
- 4 Powers exercisable for purposes of seaward artillery practice
- 5 Compensation
- 6 Method of assessing compensation
- 7 Offences
- 8 Protection of action taken under this Act
- 9 Power to make rules