4Powers exercisable for purposes of seaward artillery practice
(1) After a notification under sub-section (1) of section 3 has been issued, such persons as are included in the forces engaged in seaward artillery practice may within the notified area and during the period or periods specified in the notification--
(a) give directions prohibiting or restricting the use of the notified area or any part thereof including the use of any part of the area of the sea by any vessel, and take such further measures as may be necessary to ensure that no unauthorised person enters, passes over or remains in the notified area or part thereof, as the case may be, during such practice, and
(b) carry out seaward artillery practice with lethal missiles.
(2) The Officer Commanding the forces engaged in any such practice may declare any portion of the notified area to be a danger zone, and thereupon the Collector shall, on application made to him by the Officer Commanding the forces engaged in the practice, prohibit the entry into and secure, with the assistance of the naval or military authorities concerned, the removal from such danger zone of any person, property or vessel during the times when the discharge of lethal missiles is taking place or there is danger to life or property.
Download our fully-offline, High speed android app.- Click here
- 1 Short title, extent and application
- 2 Interpretation
- 3 Power of Central Government to authorise seaward artillery practice
- 3A Power to delegate
- 4 Powers exercisable for purposes of seaward artillery practice
- 5 Compensation
- 6 Method of assessing compensation
- 7 Offences
- 8 Protection of action taken under this Act
- 9 Power to make rules