2Application of Vienna Convention on Diplomatic Relations
(1) Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained in any other law, the provisions set out in the Schedule to this Act of the Vienna Convention on Diplomatic Relations, adopted by the United Nations Conference on Diplomatic Intercourse and Immunities on the 14th day of April, 1961, shall have the force of law in India.
(2) The Central Government may, from time to time, by notification in the Official Gazette, amend the Schedule in conformity with any amendments, duly made and adopted, of the provisions of the said Convention set out therein.
Download our fully-offline, High speed android app.- Click here
- 1 Short title and extent
- 2 Application of Vienna Convention on Diplomatic Relations
- 3 Application of certain privileges and immunities to diplomatic missions and their members pursuant to international agreement
- 4 Restrictions on privileges and immunities
- 5 Waiver
- 6 Restrictions on certain exemptions from customs duty, etc
- 7 Privileges and immunities of citizens of India
- 8 Restrictions on entry into diplomatic premises
- 9 Evidence
- 10 Power to make rules
- 11 Notifications issued and rules made under this Act to be laid before Parliament