5Control, direction, etc
(1) The general superintendence, direction and control of the Group shall vest in, and be exercised by, the Central Government and subject thereto and to the provisions of this Act and the rules, the command and supervision of the Group shall vest in an officer to be appointed by the Central Government as the Director of the Group.
(2) The Director shall, in the discharge of his duties under this Act, be assisted by such number of 1[Inspectors General, Deputy Inspectors General, Assistant Inspectors General] and other officers as may be appointed by the Central Government.
Download our fully-offline, High speed android app.- Click here
1. Subs. by Act 20 of 2003, s. 3, for "Deputy Directors, Assistant Directors, Joint Assistant Directors" (w.e.f. 13-3-2003).
- 1 Short title and commencement
- 2 Definitions
- 3 Members subject to this Act
- 4 Constitution of the Group
- 5 Control, direction, etc
- 6 Liability for service in and outside India
- 7 Members of the Group always on active duty
- 8 Resignation and withdrawal from the post
- 9 Tenure of service
- 10 Restrictions respecting right to from associations, freedom of speech, etc
- 11 Termination of service
- 12 Appeal
- 13 Powers and duties conferable on members of the Group
- 14 Assistance to Group
- 15 Protection of action taken under this Act
- 16 Power to make rules
- 17 Laying of orders and rules
- 18 Provision as to existing Special Protection Group