18Provision as to existing Special Protection Group
(1) The Special Protection Group in existence at the commencement of this Act shall be deemed to be the Group constituted under this Act.
(2) The members of the Special Protection Group in existence at the commencement of this Act shall be deemed to have been appointed as such under this Act.
(3) Anything done or any action taken before the commencement of this Act in relation to the constitution of the Special Protection Group referred to in sub-section (1) and in relation to any person appointed, shall be as valid and as effective in law as if such thing or action was done or taken under this Act.
Download our fully-offline, High speed android app.- Click here
- 1 Short title and commencement
- 2 Definitions
- 3 Members subject to this Act
- 4 Constitution of the Group
- 5 Control, direction, etc
- 6 Liability for service in and outside India
- 7 Members of the Group always on active duty
- 8 Resignation and withdrawal from the post
- 9 Tenure of service
- 10 Restrictions respecting right to from associations, freedom of speech, etc
- 11 Termination of service
- 12 Appeal
- 13 Powers and duties conferable on members of the Group
- 14 Assistance to Group
- 15 Protection of action taken under this Act
- 16 Power to make rules
- 17 Laying of orders and rules
- 18 Provision as to existing Special Protection Group