1Title and extent
(1) This Act may be called the Revenue Recovery Act, 1890.
1[(2) It extends to the whole of India except 2[the State of Jammu and Kashmir*];] 3***
4* * * * *
Download our fully-offline, High speed android app.- Click here
1. Subs. by the India (Adaptation of Income-tax, Profits Tax and Revenue Recovery Acts) Order, 1947 (G.G.O. 31, dated the 10th December, 1947) (Gazette of India, 1947, Extraordinary, p. 1333), for sub-section (2).
2. Subs. by Act 33 of 1950, s. 2 and the Schedule, for "Part B States".
3. The word "and" rep. by Act 10 of 1914, s. 3 and the Second Schedule..
4. Sub-section (3) rep. by s. 3 and the Second Schedule, ibid.
*. Vide Notification No. S.O. 3912 (E), dated 30th October, 2019, this Act is made applicable to the Union territory of Jammu and Kashmir and the Union territory of Ladakh.
- 1 Title and extent
- 2 Definitions
- 3 Recovery of public demands by enforcement of processes in other districts than those in which they become payable
- 4 Remedy available to person denying liability to pay amount recovered under last foregoing section
- 5 Recovery by Collectors of sums recoverable as arrears of revenue by other public officers or by local authorities
- 6 Property liable to sale under this Act
- 7 Saving of local laws relating to revenue
- 8 Recovery in India of certain public demands arising beyond India
- 9 Recovery in India of land revenues etc., accruing in Burma
- 10 Duty of Collectors to remit moneys collected in certain cases