(1) The Government may appoint one or more metropolitan magistrates for the trial of offences against this Act and against any rule, regulation or bye-law made thereunder and may prescribe the time and place at which such magistrate or magistrates shall sit for the despatch of business.
(2) Such magistrates shall be called municipal magistrates and shall besides the trial of offences as aforesaid, exercise all other powers and discharge all other functions of a magistrate as provided in this Act or any rule, regulation of bye-law made thereunder.
(3) Such magistrates and the members of their staff shall be paid such salary, pension, leave and other allowances as may, from to time, be fixed by the Government.
(4) The Council shall, out of the New Delhi Municipal Fund, pay to the Government the amounts of the salary, pension, leave and other allowances as fixed under sub-section (3) together with all other incidental charges in connection with the establishments of the said magistrates.
(5) Each such magistrate shall have jurisdiction over the whole of New Delhi.
(6) For the purpose of the Code of Criminal Procedure, 1973 (2 of 1974), all municipal magistrates appointed under this Act shall be deemed to be magistrates appointed under section 16 of the said Code.
(7) Nothing in this section shall be deemed to preclude any magistrate appointed hereunder from trying any offence under any other law.
To download our Android App which is very light and fast.Click here