4Amendment of section 2 of Act 82 of 1985
In the Inland Waterways Authority of India Act, 1985, in section 2, for clause (h), the following clause shall be substituted, namely:—
'(h) "national waterway" means the inland waterway declared by section 2 of the National Waterways Act, 2016, to be a national waterway.
Explanation.—If Parliament declares by law any other waterway to be a national waterway, then, from the date on which such declaration takes effect, such other waterway—
(i) shall also be deemed to be a national waterway within the meaning of this clause; and
(ii) the provisions of this Act shall, with necessary modifications (including modification for construing any reference to the commencement of this Act as a reference to the date aforesaid), apply to such national waterway;'.
Download our fully-offline, High speed android app.- Click here
- 1 Short title and commencement
- 2 Existing national waterways and declaration of certain inland waterways as national waterways
- 3 Declaration as to expediency of control and development by Union of waterways specified in Schedule for certain purposes
- 4 Amendment of section 2 of Act 82 of 1985
- 5 Repeal of certain enactments and saving