3Declaration as to expediency of control and development by Union of waterways specified in Schedule for certain purposes
Save as provided in sub-sections (1) and (2) of section 2, it is hereby declared that it is expedient in the public interest that the Union should take under its control the regulation and development of the waterways specified in the Schedule for the purposes of shipping and navigation to the extent provided in the Inland Waterways Authority of India Act, 1985 (82 of 1985).
Download our fully-offline, High speed android app.- Click here
- 1 Short title and commencement
- 2 Existing national waterways and declaration of certain inland waterways as national waterways
- 3 Declaration as to expediency of control and development by Union of waterways specified in Schedule for certain purposes
- 4 Amendment of section 2 of Act 82 of 1985
- 5 Repeal of certain enactments and saving