9Power to make rules
1[(1)] The Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, make rules to carry out the purposes of this Act.
2[(2) Every rule made under this Act shall be laid, as soon as may be after it is made, before each House of Parliament, while it is in session, for a total period of thirty days which may be comprised in one session or in two or more successive sessions, and if, before the expiry of the session immediately following the session or the successive sessions aforesaid, both Houses agree in making any modification in the rule or both Houses agree that the rule should not be made, the rule shall thereafter have effect only in such modified form or be of no effect, as the case may be; so, however, that any such modification or annulment shall be without prejudice to the validity of anything previously done under that rule.]
Download our fully-offline, High speed android app.- Click here
1. Section 9 renumbered as sub-section (1) thereof by Act 4 of 1986, s. 2 and the Schedule (w.e.f. 15-5-1986).
2. Ins. by s. 9, ibid. (w.e.f. 15-5-1986
- 1 Short title, extent, application and commencement
- 2 Definitions
- 3 Prohibition of improper use of certain emblems and names
- 4 Prohibition of registration of certain companies, etc
- 5 Penalty
- 6 Previous sanction for prosecution
- 7 Savings
- 8 Power of the Central Government to amend the Schedule
- 9 Power to make rules