The Emblems and Names (Prevention of Improper Use) Act
1Short title, extent, application and commencement
(1) This Act may be called the Emblems and Names (Prevention of Improper Use) Act, 1950.
(2) It extends to the whole of India 1* * * and also applies to citizens of India outside India.
(3) It shall come into force on such date2 as the Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, appoint.
Download our fully-offline, High speed android app.- Click here
1. The words "except the State of Jammu and Kashmir" omitted by the Jammu and Kashmir (Extension of Laws) Act, 1956 (62 of 1956), s. 2 and the Schedule (w.e.f. 1-11-1956).
2. 1st September, 1950, see Gazette of India, 1950, Part II, s. 3
- 1 Short title, extent, application and commencement
- 2 Definitions
- 3 Prohibition of improper use of certain emblems and names
- 4 Prohibition of registration of certain companies, etc
- 5 Penalty
- 6 Previous sanction for prosecution
- 7 Savings
- 8 Power of the Central Government to amend the Schedule
- 9 Power to make rules