(1) For the avoidance of doubt, it is hereby declared that for the purpose of any proceedings before a court in India, any court having jurisdiction in respect of piracy committed on the high seas shall have jurisdiction in respect of offences and other acts committed on board an aircraft as described in this Act wherever that offence or act is committed.
(2) For the purposes of conferring jurisdiction, an offence under any law in force in India, committed on board an aircraft in flight shall be deemed to have been committed in any place in India where the offender may for the time being be.
Download our fully-offline, High speed android app.- Click here
- 1 Short title, extent and commencement
- 2 Definitions
- 3 Application of criminal law to aircraft
- 4 Provisions as to Extradition Act
- 5 Powers of commander of aircraft
- 6 Jurisdiction
- 7 Provisions as to evidence in connection with aircraft
- 8 Provisions as to documentary evidence
- 9 Power to apply the provisions of Act with modifications to certain aircraft
- 10 Contracting parties to Convention
- 11 Power to treat certain aircraft to be registered in Convention country