8Disqualification of persons convicted or charge-sheeted under this Act
(1) Any manager or other employee of a religious institution shall, upon conviction for an offence under this Act, stand removed from his office or post and shall, notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained in any other law, be disqualified for appointment in any religious institution as manager or in any other capacity for a period of six years from the date of his conviction.
(2) Where any manager or other employee of a religious institution is accused of an offence under this Act and a charge-sheet for the prosecution of such person is filed in any court and the court is of the opinion, after considering the charge-sheet and after hearing the prosecution and the accused, that a prima facie case exists, it shall pass an order or direction restraining the person from exercising the powers or discharging the duties of his office or post pending trial.
(3) Where any manager or other employee has been removed under sub-section (1), or restrained under sub-section (2), the vacancy arising out of such removal or restraint may be filled in the manner provided in the law applicable to the said religious institution.
Download our fully-offline, High speed android app.- Click here
- 1 Short title, extent and commencement
- 2 Definitions
- 3 Prohibition of use of religious institutions for certain purposes
- 4 Restrictions on carrying arms and ammunition into a religious institution
- 5 Prohibition of use of funds of religious institutions for certain activities
- 6 Prohibition of religious for a for propagating political ideas
- 7 Penalties
- 8 Disqualification of persons convicted or charge-sheeted under this Act
- 9 Certain persons bound to give information to police
- 10 Repeal and saving