5Power to make rules
1[5. Power to make rules.-- 2[(1)] The Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, make rules for carrying out the purposes of this Act.]
3[(2) Every rule made by the Central Government under this Act shall be laid, as soon as may be after after it is made, before each House of Parliament, while it is in session, for a total period of thirty days which may be comprised in one session or in two or more successive sessions, and if, before the expiry of the session immediately following the session or the successive sessions aforesaid, both Houses agree in making any modification in the rule or both Houses agree that the rule should not be made, the rule shall thereafter have effect only in such modified form or be of no effect, as the case may be; so, however, that any such modification or annulment shall be without prejudice to the validity of anything previously done under that rule.]
Download our fully-offline, High speed android app.- Click here
1. Ins. by s. 4, ibid. (w.e.f. 28-6-1962).
2 Section 5 re-numbered as sub-section (1) thereof by Act 79 of 1976, s. 4 (w.e.f. 25-8-1976).
3 Ins. by s. 4, ibid. (w.e.f. 25-8-1976).
- 1 Short title
- 1A Emoluments of the President
- 2 Pension to retiring Presidents
- 2A Family pension to spouse of President
- 3 Free medical attendance and treatment to spouse of President dying in office
- 3A Free Accommodation to spouse of President
- 4 Sums to be charged on the Consolidated Fund of India
- 5 Power to make rules
- 6 Power to remove difficulties