25Accounts and audit
(1) 1[Every Institute] shall maintain proper accounts and other relevant records and prepare an annual statement of accounts, including the balance sheet, in such form as may be prescribed, in accordance with such general directions as may be issued by the Central Government in consultation with the Comptroller and Auditor-General of India.
(2) The accounts of the Institute shall be audited by the Comptroller and Auditor-General of India and any expenditure incurred by him in connection with such audit shall be payable by the Institute to the Comptroller and Auditor-General of India.
(3) The Comptroller and Auditor-General of India and any person appointed by him in connection with the audit of the accounts of the Institute shall have the same rights, privileges and authority in connection with such audit as the Comptroller and Auditor-General of India, generally has in connection with the audit of the Government accounts, and, in particular, shall have the right to demand the production of books, accounts, connected vouchers and other documents and papers and to inspect any of the offices of the Institute.
(4) The accounts of the Institute as certified by the Comptroller and Auditor-General of India or any other person appointed by him in this behalf, together with the audit report thereon shall be forwarded annually to the Central Government and that Government shall cause the same to be laid before each House of Parliament.
Download our fully-offline, High speed android app.- Click here
1. Subs. by s. 21, ibid., for "The Institute" (w.e.f. 13-1-2020).
- 4 Incorporation of Institute
- 5 Effect of incorporation of the Institute
- 6 Powers of Institute
- 7 Institute be open to all races, creeds and classes
- 8 Teaching at Institute
- 9 Visitor
- 10 Authorities of Institute
- 11 Governing Council
- 12 Term of office of, vacancies among, and allowances payable to Chairperson and other members of Governing Council
- 13 Meeting of Governing Council
- 14 Powers and functions of Governing Council
- 15 Senate
- 16 Functions of Senate
- 17 Functions, powers and duties of Chairperson
- 18 Director
- 19 Dean
- 20 Registrar
- 21 Powers and duties of other authorities and officers
- 22 Grants by Central Government
- 23 Fund of Institute
- 24 Setting up of Endowment Fund
- 25 Accounts and audit
- 26 Pension and provident fund
- 27 Appointment of staff
- 28 Statutes
- 29 Statutes how to be made
- 30 Ordinances
- 31 Ordinances how to be made
- 32 Arbitral Tribunal