(1) This Act may be called the Limitation Act, 1963.
(2) It extends to the whole of India 1***.
(3) It shall come into force on such date2 as the Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, appoint.
Download our fully-offline, High speed android app.- Click here
1. The words "except the State of Jammu and Kashmir" omitted by Act 34 of 2019, s. 95 and the Fifth Schedule (w.e.f. 31- 10- 2019).
2. 1st January, 1964, vide notification No. S.O. 3118, dated 29th October, 1963, see Gazette of India, Part II, sec. 3 (ii).
Amended in West Bengal by W.B. Act 18 of 1977.
1st September, 1984, vide notification No. S.O. 647(C), in respect of the State of Sikkim dated 24th August, 1984, see Gazette of India, Part II, sec. 3(ii).