(1) This Act may be called the Limitation Act, 1963.
(2) It extends to the whole of India 1***.
(3) It shall come into force on such date2 as the Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, appoint.
Download our fully-offline, High speed android app.- Click here
1. The words "except the State of Jammu and Kashmir" omitted by Act 34 of 2019, s. 95 and the Fifth Schedule (w.e.f. 31- 10- 2019).
2. 1st January, 1964, <i>vide</i> notification No. S.O. 3118, dated 29th October, 1963, see Gazette of India, Part II, sec. 3 (ii).
Amended in West Bengal by W.B. Act 18 of 1977.
1st September, 1984, <i>vide</i> notification No. S.O. 647(C), in respect of the State of Sikkim dated 24th August, 1984, see Gazette of India, Part II, sec. 3(ii).