86Classification of offences and designated court
(1) Where an offence under this Act is punishable with imprisonment for a term more than seven years, then, such offence shall be cognizable, non-bailable and triable by a Childrens Court.
(2) Where an offence under this Act is punishable with imprisonment for a term of three years and above, but not more than seven years, then, such offence shall be cognizable, non-bailable and triable by a Magistrate of First Class.
(3) Where an offence, under this Act, is punishable with imprisonment for less than three years or with fine only, then, such offence shall be non-cognizable, bailable and triable by any Magistrate.
Download our fully-offline, High speed android app.- Click here
- 74 Prohibition on disclosure of identity of children
- 75 Punishment for cruelty to child
- 76 Employment of child for begging
- 77 Penalty for giving intoxicating liquor or narcotic drug or psychotropic substance to a child
- 78 Using a child for vending, peddling, carrying, supplying or smuggling any intoxicating liquor, narcotic drug or psychotropic substance
- 79 Exploitation of a child employee
- 80 Punitive measures for adoption without following prescribed procedures
- 81 Sale and procurement of children for any purpose
- 82 Corporal punishment
- 83 Use of child by militant groups or other adults
- 84 Kidnapping and abduction of child
- 85 Offences committed on disabled children
- 86 Classification of offences and designated court
- 87 Abetment
- 88 Alternative punishment
- 89 Offence committed by child under this Chapter