5Certain provisions of Agreements to have force of law
Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained in any other law, the provisions of the Fund and Bank Agreements set out in the Schedule shall have the force of law in 1[India]:
Provided that nothing in section 9 of Article IX of the Fund Agreement or in section 9 of Article VII of the Bank Agreement shall be construed as--
(a) entitling the International Fund or International Bank to import into 1[India] goods free of any duty of customs without any restriction on their subsequent sale therein, or
(b) conferring on the International Fund or International Bank any exemption from duties or taxes which form part of the price of goods sold or which are in fact no more than charges for services rendered.
Download our fully-offline, High speed android app.- Click here
1. Subs. by Act 3 of 1951, s. 3 and the Sch., for "Part A States and Part C States".
- 1 Short title, extent and commencement
- 2 Payments to International Fund and Bank
- 3 Reserve Bank to be depository for International Fund and Bank
- 3A Reserve Bank to use, receive, acquire, etc., special drawing rights on behalf of Central Government
- 4 Power to call for information
- 5 Certain provisions of Agreements to have force of law
- 6 Repealed
- 7 Power to make rules