# 7 Rules
(1) The Central Government 1*** may make rules to carry out the purposes and objects of this Act.
(2) In particular and without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing power, the Central Government 2*** may make rules providing for the form of passes to be given to persons or bodies of persons or in respect of property entitled to exemption from the payment of tolls under this Act.
(3) The power to make rules under this section is subject to the condition of the rules being made after previous publication.
(4) All rules made under this section shall be published in the Official Gazette 3*** and, on such publication, shall have effect as if enacted by this Act.
4[(5) Every rule made by the Central Government under this section shall be laid, as soon as may be after it is made, before each House of Parliament, while it is in session, for a total period of thirty days which may be comprised in one session or in two or more successive sessions, and if, before the expiry of the session immediately following the session or the successive sessions aforesaid, both Houses agree in making any modification in the rule or both Houses agree that the rule should not be made, the rule shall thereafter have effect only in such modified form or be of no effect, as the case may be; so, however, that any such modification or annulment shall be without prejudice to the validity of anything previously done under that rule.]
Download our fully-offline, High speed android app.- Click here
1. The words "and the L.G. with the previous sanction of the G.G. in C.", omitted, <i>ibid</i>.,
2. The words "or the L G. with the previous sanction of the G.G. in C.", omitted, <i>ibid</i>.
3. The words "or in the local Official Gazette" omitted, <i>ibid</i>.
4. Ins. by Act 20 of 1983, s. 2 and the Schedule (w. e. f. 15-3-1984).