1Short title and commencement
(1) This Act may be called the High Court at Bombay (Extension of Jurisdiction to Goa, Daman and Diu) Act, 1981.
(2) It shall come into force on such date1 as the Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, appoint.
Download our fully-offline, High speed android app.- Click here
1. 30th October, 1982, vide notification No. G.S.R. 592(E), dated 8th October, 1982, see Gazette of India, Extraordinary, Part II, sec. 3(i).
- 1 Short title and commencement
- 2 Definitions
- 3 Extension of jurisdiction of Bombay High Court to Goa, Daman and Diu
- 4 Jurisdiction of Bombay High Court
- 5 Chapter VI of Part VI of the Constitution to apply to the Bombay High Court exercising jurisdiction over the Union territory of Goa, Daman and Diu
- 6 Special provisions relating to advocates
- 7 Transfer of pending proceedings from the Court of the Judicial Commissioner to the Bombay High Court
- 8 Right to appear or act in proceedings transferred to the Bombay High Court
- 9 Establishment of a permanent bench of Bombay High Court at Panaji
- 10 Allocation of expenditure of the Bombay High Court
- 11 Rule of construction
- 12 Repealed
- 13 Power to remove difficulties
- 14 Power to adapt laws