The Calcutta Port (Pilotage) Act
1Short title and commencement
(1) This Act may be called the Calcutta Port (Pilotage) Act, 1948.
(2) It shall come into force on such date1 as the Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, appoint in this behalf.
Download our fully-offline, High speed android app.- Click here
1. 16th May, 1948, vide notificaiton No. 27-M (iii)/47, dated 19th May, 1948, see Gazette of India, 1948, Part I.
- 1 Short title and commencement
- 2 Definitions
- 3 Commissioners’ duty to maintain pilots
- 4 Appointment of pilots
- 5 Rules regulating Pilots
- 6 Levy of pilotage fees
- 7 Pilot age fees and fines and penalties levied under the Act
- 8 Repealed
- 9 Power to transfer moneys from the general account to pilot age account and vice versa
- 10 Application of certain provisions of Bengal Act 3 of 1890
- 11 Repealed