6Commissioner and other officers and employees
(1) For the purpose of assisting it in discharging its functions under this Act, the Central Government may appoint an officer, to be known as the Commissioner for the welfare of the victims of the Bhopal gas leak disaster, and such other officers and employees to assist him as that Government may deem fit.
(2) The Commissioner shall discharge such functions as may be assigned to him by the Scheme.
(3) The Commissioner and such of the officers subordinate to him as may be authorised by the Central Government by notification in the Official Gazette in this behalf may, for the discharge of their functions under the Scheme, exercise all or any of the powers which the Central Government may exercise under section 5.
(4) All officers and authorities of the Government shall act in aid of the Commissioner
1 [(5) The Commissioner and the officers subordinate to him authorised to discharge functions under the Scheme shall be deemed to be a civil court for the purposes of section 195 and Chapter XXVI of the Code of Criminal Procedure, 1973 (2 of 1974).]
Download our fully-offline, High speed android app.- Click here
1. Ins. by Act 24 of 1992, s. 2 (w.e.f. 12-8-1992)
- 1 Short title and commencement
- 2 Definitions
- 3 Power of Central Government to represent claimants
- 4 Claimant’s right to be represented by a legal practitioner
- 5 Power of Central Government
- 6 Commissioner and other officers and employees
- 7 Power to delegate
- 8 Limitation
- 9 Power to frame a Scheme
- 10 Removal of doubts
- 11 Overriding effect
- 12 Repeal and saving