Bombay Civil Courts Act
An Act to consolidate and amend the law relating to the District and Subordinate Civil Courts in the Presidency of Bombay.
|Ministry||Ministry of Law and Justice|
- PART I.--Preliminary.
- PART II.--Districts and Sadr Stations.
- PART III.--Districts Courts.
- PART IV.--Joint Judges.
- PART V.--Assistant Judges.
- 14 Power to appoint Assistant Judges
- 15 Situation of Assistant Judge’s Court
- 16 Original jurisdiction of Assistant Judge
- 17 Appellate jurisdiction of Assistant Judge
- 18 Continuance of Assistant Judge’s appellate jurisdiction
- 19 Power to invest Assistant Judge with powers of District Judge
- 20 Assistant Judge to use seal of District Judge
- PART VI.--Subordinate Judges.
- 21 Number of Subordinate Civil Courts
- 22 Appointment of Subordinate Judges
- 22A Power to fix local Jurisdiction of Subordinate Judges
- 23 Situation of Subordinate Courts
- 24 Classes of Subordinate Judges
- 25 Special jurisdiction of Subordinate Judge of first class
- 26 Appeals from his decision
- 27 Appellate jurisdiction of Subordinate Judge of first class
- 28 Power to invest Subordinate Judges with small cause powers
- 29 Seal of Subordinate Judge
- 30 [Repealed.]
- 31 [Repealed.]
- 32 Reference of Government suits
- Removal or suspension.
- PART VII.--Temporary vacancies.
- PART VIII.--Ministerial Officers.
- PART IX.--Miscellaneous.